Moving to the next phase of RESTART Project of the Europe for Citizens Programme of the European Union and having gathered more than 440 participants on the activities implemented by the Consortium of Partners in 4 participating countries, we are happy to announce the beginning of the Pilot Activity procedures.
We invite all those interested in engaging to the migration issue in Europe and granted direct influence with the refugees in Greece to apply for the Pilot Activity until September the 3rd, 2017, which will be held in Athens, Greece, on November the 20th, 2017 until December the 7th, 2017 .
During the volunteer Pilot Activity the following procedures will be followed:
– Training of the selected participants at the premises of the Lead Organization in Athens, on how to better interact with refugees and accomplish the maximum of outputs by the end of the activity
– Study Visits at the Camps in Attica region and direct interaction with the respective units’ representatives
– Trainings to the refugees with reference, among others, on their rights in Europe as asylum seekers, on the customs and ethics of the European society, their obligations, the opportunities they can have in the EU
– Interactive Simulation Game, in which young volunteers from the partner countries will participate, aiming to experience directly the decision making process.
Selected volunteers with be granted a career experience and valuable job skills, develop social and relationship skills, self-confidence and a sense of purpose and belonging to a community. Through the pilot activity, the main goal is to promote active citizenship and civic engagement, intercultural understanding, the European Charter on Human rights and the EU venture’ fundamental values.
Most of all, the volunteers will be able to understand the difficulties that the refugees have to face in their daily life, contributing in offering them a better life quality.
The Pilot Activity’ working language will be English.
Successful Applicant’ Profile
– young persons aged between 18 – 25 years old
– respect to gender equality will be highly encouraged
– English knowledge, level B2
– equal opportunities will be given to all interested applicants
– commitment to attend all the planned activities during the two weeks
– participants who have already attended the previous project activities will be preferred
Quotation among partnering countries will be followed, as indicated bellow:
Albania: 4 Participants
Brussels: 4 Participants
Cyprus: 4 Participants
Greece: 13 Participants
All interested applicants must fill the online application form in English and submit it within the deadline given. A pre – selection will be made and those moving to the next phase will be interviewed by the Project Team and the final selection will be made with those proving a high motivation.
Selected participants will:
– Have 10 days to sign and provide the lead partner with the original Learning Agreement in order to confirm their participation
– Follow the CEREBRUM’ Platform On-line preparatory course for their engagement to the Pilot Activity
– Be handled with guidelines and preparatory material for their visits in the Camps and the Training Activities, while also the Schedule of the Pilot Activity
– Attend the preparatory meeting in Athens, before the beginning of the Pilot Activity
– Participate at the Evaluation Procedure of the Activity by the end of it
Last but not least, accommodation, nutrition and travel expenses for the participants will be full covered by the Lead Partner, while also Certificate of Participation will be provided.
“Europe for Citizens” is a programme established by the European Union for the period 2014-2020 and aims to contribute to citizens’ understanding of the EU, its history and diversity, raise awareness of remembrance and to encourage democratic participation of citizens at EU level.