The Institute of Research & Training on European Affairs – I.R.T.E.A. is implementing the Project “Reinventing European Solidarity and Raising Tolerance”- RESTART funded by the Europe for Citizens Programme of the European Union. RESTART aims to raise awareness on the refugee crisis in Europe, support the participation of young Europeans in the dialogue and promote volunteerism, through actions like Structured Dialogue, interactive workshops, study visits to camps and implementation of a Simulation Game of the European Parliament.
Moving to the last phase of the Project and in the framework of the Pilot Activity implementation, I.R.T.E.A. will organize a 3 day Simulation of the European Parliament with 50 participants from the 4 partnering countries of the Project, namely Greece, Cyprus, Belgium and Albania, on 4th to 6th December, 2017.
The Simulation is a “role play game” that aims to educate the participants on European policies and the decision making process of the European Parliament, while enhancing knowledge, developing skills and promoting dialogue among participants. The participants will be assigned the role of a Member of the European Parliament (MEP), representing a European party and a Member State of the EU debating on the topic of “The integration of refugees in Europe: the aspect of secularism and the defense of human rights in light of EU Charter on fundamental rights”
The working language of the activity will be English.
I.R.T.E.A. is looking for 25 participants from Greece, aged between 18 to 25.
We would like to inform you that participation and nutrition expenses for the participants will be fully covered.
- Very good English knowledge (at least level B2)
- Previous experience in Simulations will be positively evaluated
- Participants who have already attended the previous project activities will be preferred
- Evaluation of the Motivation Letter
- Respect in gender equality will be kept in mind while choosing the participants
- Preparatory material will be handed prior to your participation (Study Guide of the Agenda, Rules of Procedure etc.)
- Full cover of the coffee breaks and the lunch breaks during the Simulation days
- Certificate of Participation in the Project RESTART
In case interested, please fill in the online application form (http://www.europe-restart.eu/?page_id=234) until 31st, October 2017.